Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Family Protection Dog and Family Friend

CCPROTECTIONDOGS.COM
Earlier this afternoon Sadie and I went for a walk together. I’ve decided that I should get in a bit more exercise and what better way than with my new buddy? I was just sitting on the couch watching TV and looked over at Sadie lying on her bed. I thought about how great she has been to us, not only as a family protection dogs, but as a friend too. Suddenly I found myself thinking of all the exercise she was accustomed to in Buffalo. We have been doing our best to take her outside as much as we can, my husband especially. However, right then I realized that I could do my part too.

So I got up, threw on some tennis shoes, and walked over to Sadie. Just like any dog, as soon as she heard me say, “walk” her ears perked up with excitement. Within a few minutes, we were out the door and making our way down the driveway. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, perfect temperature and barely any clouds in the brilliant blue sky. I couldn’t help but smile as I looked down at Sadie, who looked equally as happy. Before she came to us, I would have been a little cautious walking by myself, but with a personal protection dogs at my side I had no worries whatsoever.

We continued throughout the neighborhood at a calm, comfortable pace, cherishing our surroundings. There were kids playing, birds chirping, and even other dogs running throughout yards. Suddenly I saw my friend Natalie walking towards us with her dog on a leash as she pushed her baby in a stroller. Once we reached them, I commanded Sadie to sit and she did without any hesitation. The presence of the baby and even the other dog did not phase her much, she just sat there calm and collected. On the other hand, Natalie’s golden retriever became incredibly hyper and wanted to sniff and play with Sadie very much. So much that Natalie had to pull her leash back and use all of her strength to keep him back. I knew that everything would be okay and as I looked down at Sadie, I realized once more how lucky I was to have such an amazing German Shepherd protection dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment