Sunday, March 23, 2014

Customizing Our Personal Protection Dog

CCPROTECTIONDOGS.COM
Filling out the Customization Form was quite exciting, because we were one step closer! After choosing German Shepherd Protection dogs as our preferred breed, we also decided that we wanted to have a female. Both my husband and I felt confident that a female was the right choice, I have always heard that females are more inherently protective and that gives me comfort. In regards to color we do not really have a preference, but we chose black and tan anyway. Next, while filling out the household information we informed them of how many children we have and their ages. I really appreciated that they put this portion in because it was important for us to tell them that we have a newborn on the way.

In addition, we explained in detail our property information, everything from our type of home, square footage, and yard size. Living in an upscale California residential area we are extremely fortunate to have our homes on relatively large pieces of land. It may not be as much as what we had in our previous home upstate, but I am thankful for it nonetheless. Just recently my husband had a new fence installed previous to our knowledge of getting a protection dog in California, so that’s a plus and something we can check off of our list.

We also wrote down as much as we could about our lifestyle to give CCPD a good idea of how we hope our dog will fit in. She is going to be the first animal we welcome into our family and we are all incredibly excited. We want her to be a large part of our daily lives and always included. For instance, my husband and I are avid runners, so we would love for her to go on runs with us daily. In addition, taking her on car rides is something we plan to do as well, whether it’s into town or to the beach. During this form I tried my best to explain our idea of the perfect trained protection dog. Everything about this form was wonderfully laid our and allowed for an immense amount of detail, which I thought was great. The last question asked was our ideal time frame for delivery and we answered with one month from now. I hope that we can start this journey and welcome this new addition to our family sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment