Sunday, April 6, 2014

Welcome Home Sadie!

CCPROTECTIONDOGS.COM 
She is finally here! This morning around ten, the doorbell rang and I sat there for a few moments stunned with excitement. My husband opened the door and two trainers from Command Control Protection Dogs were standing there. We introduced ourselves and invited them in, smiles and laughter filled the room right away. They told us that Sadie was in the van but wanted to give us a few moments to prepare for the introduction. After getting to know Andrew and John for a little while, I felt completely at ease because of how kind they were. I knew that we had chosen the perfect company to purchase personal protection dogs.

During our chat, they explained how they would introduce Sadie to us, and our home. Andrew assured us that everything would be just fine, because he knew Sadie extremely well. He personally trained her through the program and had spent mostly every day with her since she was just five weeks old. They walked out to the van and I took one last deep breath. We stayed inside but as soon as they opened the door, I could see her. She was absolutely beautiful, one of the most incredible German Shepherd Protection dogs I’ve ever seen. John walked with her around the front of the house, letting her smell all of the scents and then brought her to the front door.


I realized that she was not on a leash and suddenly it hit me once more that she was a trained protection dog. Of course I knew this the whole time, but in those few moments seeing how well behaved she is, was amazing. I grabbed my husband’s arm as they walked through the front door. First John, then Andrew and finally Sadie. She looked up at me and I couldn’t help but smile, as crazy as it sounds I felt like I knew her, even though that was the first time we met. Sadie stayed right beside Andrew, until he gave her the command to approach us. Slowly she walked up and started to sniff us, I knelt down and let her smell my hand. Once I felt like she was comfortable, I reached out to pet her and quickly ended up hugging her. It was like everything I had been waiting for was finally here and I just felt so grateful to have Sadie right in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment